The DCMS later issued a statement which read: “Based upon the current scientific advice from the Government’s medical experts there is no rationale to close or cancel sporting events as things stand. “We will remain in regular dialogue with sports governing bodies and broadcasters, ensuring they are in receipt of the most up to date guidance from the health authorities.” It is believed they discussed playing behind closed doors, limiting fan numbers and also stopping over-70s from going to games because they would be more vulnerable to the coronavirus. However, such a ban would be hard to enforce and would probably be down to individuals. It is believed the FA may be open to lifting restrictions on live TV coverage of games at 3pm on Saturdays if fans were locked out but neither that or matches being shown free-to-air was discussed. Read Also:Premier League: Super-sub Lacazette lifts Arsenal’s Euro bid Several clubs have banned players attending community events, signing autographs and also taking selfies while both the Premier League and the Football League have banned pre-match handshakes. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 There is a growing feeling among top-flight clubs that games will end up being played without fans as the disease continues to spread. And Wolves fans were scuppered when UEFA announced their Europa League match against Olympiakos in Greece on Thursday night will be behind closed doors. Some supporters had already started their journey. Football bosses attended the Department of Culture, Media and Sport coronavirus meeting in London on Monday and while there is no immediate threat to games, they have been told to make sure they are prepared. It comes after Premier League bosses, the Football Association, the Lawn Tennis Association among others were summoned along with broadcasters. Culture secretary Oliver Dowden said there was “no reason” to shut out spectators but the DCMS later said the meeting put forward proposals about how staging games behind closed doors “could work in practice”. Loading… Premier League clubs have been told to make contingency plans for playing games behind closed doors. Promoted ContentBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market ValueBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them12 Movies That Almost Ended Their Stars’ CareersMost Outstanding Female Racers Who Made History In SportsThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreInsane 3D Spraying Skills Turn In Incredible Street ArtWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?7 Truly Incredible Facts About Black Holes8 Best 1980s High Tech GadgetsWhat Are The Most Delicious Foods Out There?
The 47-year-old Dennis Montanez stole twofighting cocks worth P16,000 owned by Joselito Villanueva, police said. He was detained in the lockup cell of PoliceStation 7, facing theft charges./PN Montanez – resident of the village – wascaught around 11 p.m. on Jan. 13, the police added. BACOLOD City – For allegedly stealinggame fowls, a man was arrested in Barangay Vista Alegre.
“Ka-grupo at konektado din sa mga Batang Pasaway si Abuel. Noong Oktubre, may lumapit na isang nanay sa kapulisan na itong si Abuel ay nagtitinda ng marijuana sa kanyang anak. Nakita ng nanay sa Facebook Messenger. Kadalasan mga kustomer ni Abuel ang mga estudyante sa tatlong highschool at college sa Kalibo,”Andrade said. Charges for violation of Republic Act9165, or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002 will be filed againsthim./PN The 18-year-old Jerenz Abuel was nabbedin a drug buy-bust operation in Barangay Poblacion. In his defense, Abuel denied hisinvolvement in the illegal drug trade. However, according to Aklan ProvincialDrug Enforcement Unit chief Major Frenzy Andrade, the suspect was placed undersurveillance by drug operatives for his illegal drug-related activities sinceOctober last year. Jerenz Abuel “Nag-iisa lang ako na pumunta sa computer shop pagkatapos ng klase itong hapon.Hindi ako gumagamit at nagtitinda ng illegal na droga, at hindi sa akin ang marijuana. Pauwi na ako nang dinakip ako ng mga pulis.Ang nakuha sa akin ay mga dahon ngipil-ipil,” he said. Abuel – resident of Barangay Nalook –was caught after he allegedly sold a plastic of the suspected illegal drugscontaining dried leaves, stem and seeds to an undercover cop for P1,000 around4:40 p.m. on Feb. 18, a police report showed. KALIBO, AKlan – He sold suspectedmarijuana in a computer shop, police said. Abuel was detained in the custodialfacility of the Kalibo municipal police station. When frisked, the suspect yielded aplastic of suspected marijuana, it added.
PECO turned over its donation to both theWestern Visayas Medical Center (WVMC), which is the largest hospital in thecity, and the Western Visayas Sanitarium. Aware that PPE supplies are low in the countryright now, Cacho said if anyone would like to donate to frontline medicalworkers, “we would be happy to help connect them with our supplier so they canpurchase PPEs at the original price.” Medical workers at the Western Visaays Medical Center in Mandurriao, Iloilo City receive personal protective equipment from Panay Electric Co. Made from Tyvek material, the hazmat suitsprovide essential protection to frontliners and first responders fighting thecoronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). ILOILO City – To help avert a larger publichealth crisis here, Panay Electric Co. (PECO) responded to calls for moresafety and health protection for healthcare frontliners and donatedmedical-grade personal protective equipment (PPEs) to major hospitals. “We really just want to help in this tryingtime. We need to work together and overcome this crisis as one,” Cachostressed. Cacho said PECO does not want the same tohappen to Iloilo. Additionally, 500 sets of face-covers and Kn95masks were supplied to reduce the risk of frontliners contracting the diseasefrom the potentially infected. “Iloilo’s health professionals and medicalexperts are putting themselves at risk for us, so it’s vital that we do what wecan to keep them safe,” said Cacho. “We want to thank those on the frontlinefor their bravery. People are understandably scared right now, so we hope thiswill help them feel more at ease.” “Given the gravity of the situation, weconsulted with the medical community so they could tell us what they need,”shared PECO head of Public Engagement and Government Affairs Marcelo Cacho. He further added, “Being in a hazardousindustry ourselves, we understand how vital it is for our health frontliners tobe amply protected. We’ve always believed that they should have the best andright tools for the job.” The PPEs consist of 500 sets of hazmat suitssourced from US chemical and materials giant DuPont. In the spirit of bayanihan and to help donors overcome current shipping challenges,PECO will also help facilitate the shipments to Iloilo’s major hospitals. In the whole country, 17 doctors have passedaway due to COVID-19. They did not have enough protection, according thePhilippine Medical Association on Thursday. For donations, inquiries can be directed email@example.com or PECO’s official Facebook page. One of the hazmat suits was urgently sent toIloilo Mission Hospital to enable doctors to perform surgery on a patient fromGuimbal, Iloilo, a town where there are three confirmed positive cases of COVID-19. Panay Electric Co. (PECO) Corporate Communications Officer Jon Mikel Afzelius delivers personal protective equipment to the Western Visayas Medical Center in Iloilo City as part of PECO’s effort to help in the fight of the Ilonggos against the lingering COVID-19 crisis. Prospective donors may also call 333-PECO totake part in the relief effort./PN
Macatuay failed to present his quarantine pass and resist arrest, which led to his apprehension around 9:30 p.m. on May 11. He was identified as Renato Macatuay Jr. of Barangay Cagbang, Oton, Iloilo, a police report showed. Police officers conducting patrol operation chanced upon him walking on the street. He was now detained in the lockup cell of the Mandurriao police station, facing charges./PN ILOILO City – Inside jail was where a drunken man landed after police caught him loitering during curfew hours in Barangay Oñate, Mandurriao district.
According to DSWD Region 6, 1,130,461 of these families were not beneficiaries of the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps). The paid-out amount to them reached P6,782,766,000. She urged local government units (LGUs) to hasten the submission of their liquidation reports so that DSWD-6 could start validating their list of beneficiaries. Macapobre said DSWD would take back the emergency cash assistance given to families found to be not qualified for the SAP. As to 4Ps families, 321,747 each received P4,650 as top-up to their P750 health subsidy and P600 rice subsidy. As of June 1, 94 out of 133 LGUs in the region were able to submit liquidation reports. Each received P6,000. ILOILO – A total of 1,452,208 families in Western Visayas (WV) were able to receive emergency cash assistance from the government’s Social Amelioration Program (SAP), data from the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) showed. A total of P1,496,123,550 was allotted to 4Ps beneficiaries that were automatically covered by SAP, said DSWD-6 director Evelyn Macapobre. Macapobre also announced that President Rodrigo Duterte already approved the release of SAP cash assistance to some five million low-income families left out of the first tranche of the emergency cash assistance./PN
This prompted the suspect to stab the victim using a four-inch nail. According to police investigators, the victim and his father Richard Sr., 42, figured in a heated argument in their house around 8 p.m. The incident on June 27 landed 21-year-old Richard Villaester Jr. at the Corazon Locsin Montelibano Memorial Regional Hospital in this city. He sustained a stab wound on the right abdomen, a police report showed. The suspect was detained in the lockup facility of the La Carlota City police station./PN BACOLOD City – A father allegedly stabbed his son in Barangay Batuan, La Carlota City, Negros Occidental.
Drilon, however, stressed that simply being rich is not equivalent to being an oligarch as he also emphasized that political dynasties will continue to nurture oligarchy in the Philippines. “With the popularity rating of the President, he has the capacity to push that in Congress,” Drilon said over at the Kapihan sa Manila Bay. “When you want to remove oligarchy as a power structure then you should rise above all of these.” President Rodrigo Duterte (right) should ban political dynasties if he really wants to dismantle oligarchy in the country, Senate Minority Leader Franklin Drilon says. ABS-CBN NEWS The Chief Executive, during his televised speech on Monday evening from Jolo, Sulu, bragged of being able to “dismantle” oligarchy in the country even without declaring martial law. MANILA – Senate Minority Leader Franklin Drilon dared President Rodrigo Duterte to encourage the Congress to pass the anti-dynasty law to dismantle oligarchy in the Philippines effectively. “Oligarchy is a form of power structure in which power rests with a small number of people which use their power to seek personal gain or benefit their business interests,” Drilon said. The Ilonggo lawmaker said Duterte must go beyond the fact that he has his children in the politics in House Deputy Speaker Paolo Duterte, Davao City’s Mayor Sara Duterte and Vice Mayor Baste Duterte if he is really determined in dismantling oligarchy. “To emphasize, you cannot equate rich and oligarch, meaning it does not mean that if you are rich, you are on oligarch. An oligarch is the one that influences the decision of the government or the one using their [riches] in order that the policy that they want will be pursued,” he added./PN
I am sure by now you have heard the comments put out by Ohio State President Gee. His remarks about the priests at Notre Dame being angels on weekends but devils during the week would have been bad enough, but then he made some remarks about certain southern schools going to do something but probably wouldn’t because they couldn’t read the instructions. I am paraphrasing his remarks to simplify them for this story or it would become several pages. One of these days, you would think people would learn that even if it was said in jest someone was going to record it and put it out there as gospel. All of us at one time or another has done the same thing. We open our mouth before we engage our brain. Every Purdue grad and every IU grad has done this so many times there could be a book written about the remarks. Notre Dame likes the role of being somewhat independent and it isn’t going to change soon. Every conference has made decisions on how they want to accept athletes; and as long as the NCAA feels they are not breaking the rules, it will not likely change. Every university hopes they can produce national champs and still maintain the highest academic standing there is, but we all know that Princeton will not win many national titles and certain other schools will continue to do so. When it is all said and done, money is what keeps a university open and some get the dollars in different ways than others do. Unfortunately, President Gee was forced to retire over his remarks.
Hoosiers roll to first win Friday. (Image: Indiana University)BLOOMINGTON, Ind. – Indiana Hoosier basketball officially got underway Friday night with the anticipated win over Mississippi Valley State.IU freshman James Blackmon led all scorers with 25 points in his college debut. Junior Nick Hoetzel and freshman Max Hoetzel chipped in with 16 points each.The Hoosiers go to 1-0 in the 116-65 rout against the Delta Devils.Former IU coach Mike Davis will lead Texas Southern into Assembly Hall Monday night.Listen to Hoosier basketball on Country 103.9 WRBI.