Ratings for Game 2 of NBA Finals down slightly

first_imgThe Warriors’ 122-103 rout Sunday also drew 7 percent more viewers than their Game 1 victory, even though that game was close the whole way before Golden State won in overtime.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crown Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Lacson: Calamity fund cut; where did P4 billion go? Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours MOST READ Winfrey details her decision to withdraw from Simmons film Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. View comments Dave Chappelle donates P1 million to Taal relief operations China population now over 1.4 billion as birthrate fallscenter_img Jury of 7 men, 5 women selected for Weinstein rape trial Beckham backs North America World Cup bid Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew LATEST STORIES Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Golden State Warriors’ Kevin Durant (35) goes up for a dunk against the Cleveland Cavaliers during the second half of Game 2 of basketball’s NBA Finals Sunday, June 3, 2018, in Oakland, Calif. (AP Photo/Marcio Jose Sanchez, Pool)NEW YORK — Ratings for ABC’s broadcast of Game 2 of the NBA Finals were down slightly from last year.Game 2 between Golden State and Cleveland drew a peak audience of 22.5 million viewers and averaged 18.5 million. ESPN said Monday it was still the third-largest Game 2 audience since 2001.ADVERTISEMENTlast_img read more

Ellen’s ‘Attacks’ on NGO is ‘Unjustifiable’

first_imgThe executive director of the Foundation for International Dignity, (FIND), Mr. Roosevelt Woods, has said that President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf’s recent statement, that before any non-governmental organizations (NGOs) get access to donor funding that NGO should have an office space, be well established and must have a current bank account, is “unjustifiable and unrealistic.”According to Woods, no NGO would receive funding from the international community without it being nationally recognized, including have all of the above.He said the Liberian Government usually asks all of the above questions to an NGO, which is wanting to be registered and operate within the territorial confine of Liberia. So for the President to mention that in her Annual Message to the Legislature on January 27, was an “attack” against NGOs.Addressing a press conference recently in Monrovia, FIND’s executive director noted that it was preferable for President Sirleaf to talk about developmental issues than attack NGOs, who, according to him, are playing important role in the rebuilding process of the country.Mr. Woods said the Liberian leader’s comments, has the propensity to strain relations with the humanitarian community. He maintained that NGOs were operating in the confines of the Liberian laws.The human right advocates explain that NGOs are struggling for survival as they and the governments were competing for resources from partners.“NGOs are sleeping dogs in this country. We are starving and want to complement the works done by government, and they are not supporting our work, but rather undermining our efforts.”Woods stated that President Sirleaf ignored cardinal national topics\issues that are supposed to improve the living conditions of the Liberians when she last addressed the nation.Meanwhile, in her Annual Message to the 53rd National Legislature, President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf said that to ensure this partnership, the government will require national and international NGOs to submit a report of their annual activities, and registered with the relevant government agency every year; that NGOs disclose to the Government details of the funds pledged by donors for project implementation in the country.The Liberian leader added that every NGO should have an office space, audited bank account as well as current account.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more

North Peace Secondary School boys rugby team looking to improve to 3-0

first_imgIn their last game the NPSS Roughnecks had their way with St. Joseph’s High School as they won 48-12. The Roughnecks scores eight tries and had four converts.The game was close after the first half but North Peace Secondary pulled away in the later stages. The difference in the game proved to be the fitness of the Roughnecks as it was too much for St. Joseph’s to contend with. – Advertisement –last_img

Kolkea wins another FSJ triathlon

first_imgThe region’s final triathlon of the season is the Fort Nelson event, on June 28th. No surprise here – Trevor Kolkea was the repeat winner at the Fort St. John triathlon on Sunday. Kolkea completed the 1 km swim, 26 km cycle, and 6 km run in a time of 1:19:28. Other winners include female winner Sandy McDonald, who posted a time of 1:35 :57, Male Masters winner Chris Garwah, in a time of 1:23:02, and Female Masters winner Leslie Proudfoot, in 1:39:53. – Advertisement -The fastest team in the event was the ‘Out in Front’ team, while team ‘Much Dutch’ was the fastest mixed team, just 27 seconds behind. For a complete list of results, click here: http://triathlon.ath.cx/sites/default/files/Results2009.pdf Advertisementlast_img read more

Belgium stun Brazil, to face France in semis

first_img0Shares0000Belgium midfielder Kevin De Bruyne celebrates after scoring against Brazil in the World Cup quarter-finalsKAZAN, Russia, July 7 – A superb first half display by Belgium ended Brazil’s hopes of a record sixth World Cup crown as a Fernandinho own goal and a superb Kevin De Bruyne strike proved enough to win 2-1 and seal a semi-final spot.Although Brazil roared back in the second half with a headed goal from Renato Augusto, it is the Belgians who will face France in Saint Petersburg on Tuesday. Unbeaten in their last 15 games, Brazil’s bid for a second consecutive place in the semi-finals looked in safe hands.But after an energetic start that saw Thiago Silva come close and Neymar show early promise, Brazil heads went down following Fernandinho’s own goal before De Bruyne’s superb strike from distance put the Red Devils in control on 31 minutes.Late changes by Brazil coach Tite paid off as Renato Augusto’s superb header 14 minutes from time dragged the south Americans back into contention.But as Belgian legs tired, Brazil spurned several great chances to push the match into extra-time, Augusto drilling inches wide and Coutinho skewing his effort off target from Neymar’s pass.Neymar sinks to his knees after Brazil’s bid for a sixth consecutive World Cup is ended© AFP Luis AcostaCourtois produced a great save in the dying minutes, tipping over a curling drive from Neymar as the Belgians ensured they will make just their second visit to the last four, 32 years after their surge to semis in Mexico.– Red surge –On eight minutes Courtois was flapping when Neymar’s corner was flicked on by Joao Miranda, came off the thigh of Thiago Silva and then off the post.Tite had replaced suspended holding midfielder Casemiro with Fernandinho in his starting line-up, handing the Manchester City player his first World Cup start since he was hauled off at half-time on Brazil’s way to the humiliating 7-1 semi-final defeat to Germany in 2014.Fernandinho’s World Cup woes continued, Hazard’s corner coming off the midfielder’s arm to glide past Alisson and into the net as he rose to block.Brazil almost equalised immediately, Neymar dribbling down the left and finding Gabriel, only for his effort to go amiss.Belgium will face Brazil in the semi-finalBut Belgium’s early opener showed the Red Devils were oozing confidence, Hazard and De Bruyne linking incisively to carve open the Selecao’s well-oiled defence with surprising ease.On 21 minutes De Bruyne set up Hazard on a free run inside to set up Thomas Meunier, only for Miranda to block his intended cross for Lukaku.A minute later De Bruyne found Lukaku in acres of space, the big striker coolly nutmegging Miranda before seeing the ball frantically cleared into the stands.Superb control from Marcelo saw the Real Madrid defender chest down, cut inside and unleash a low drive that Courtois did well to block.But when Belgium countered on the half hour, it was with devastating effect.Lukaku looked invincible as he powered through Brazil’s midfield before finding De Bruyne in space on the right.The Manchester City ace had time to pick his spot before unleashing a right-footed drive that screamed past Alisson and inside the ‘keeper’s far post.Tite replaced the ineffective Willian with Roberto Firmino at half-time and soon after changed Jesus for Douglas Costa.But it took the arrival of China-based Augusto 17 minutes from time that sparked Brazil into life.Brazil saw two penalty claims in quick succession waved away by Serbian referee Milorad Mazic after Neymar tumbled following contact with Fellaini and Gabriel went to ground after a challenge from Vincent Kompany.De Bruyne released Hazard down the left but he firing narrowly wide of Alisson’s far post as Lukaku waited to pounce.Minutes later Augusto hung in the air to meet Coutinho’s perfectly-weighted cross and direct it past Courtois to spark celebrations among the Brazilian fans in Kazan.But he drilled inches wide minutes later, one of several misses that Brazil were made to regret.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more

GAA NEWS: FRIEL TAKES OVER AS TERMON SENIOR MANAGER

first_imgThe former Termon senior ladies manager Francie Friel has been appointed the manger of the men’s senior team.Friel takes over form Francie McDaid.His back-room team will include Pauric Hilferty, Michael Boyle, Hugh Harkin and Paddy McMenamin. GAA NEWS: FRIEL TAKES OVER AS TERMON SENIOR MANAGER was last modified: January 13th, 2016 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Francie FrielManagerTermonlast_img read more

Leeds fans react to ‘best coach in the world’ making switch to Elland Road

first_img pic.twitter.com/3qYC6fTHem— Joel Goldman (@mightyscoop) June 15, 2018 Absolutely elite management signing 👏🏻Pochettino has raved so much about this man and how much his influence had a massive impact on his own management style and stance.Honestly don’t think it will be too long before both our clubs meet again in the Premier League. 👏🏻— Ricky Sacks 🎙 (@RickSpur) June 15, 2018 pic.twitter.com/Nq4Qw7Xrm3— Paul (@paulheseltine94) June 15, 2018 Here we go lads!! #lufc pic.twitter.com/plCeIJHVVD— RightInTheGaryKellys (@RITGK) June 15, 2018 Radrizzani like pic.twitter.com/wcIm7D4vtN— Jordan Parker (@parkerj8) June 15, 2018 Leeds United fans were jubilant on social media on Friday after the club finally confirmed the appointment of Marcelo Bielsa as manager.The Argentine, who won Olympic Gold as manager of his national team in 2004, is the Championship club’s 21st managerial arrival since they dropped out of the Premier League in 2004. Right. Let’s get behind this guy and if the results don’t start the way we all want then let’s not jump on the sack him bandwagon. This guy, weather it’s this year or next could be the man to take us back to the top.— Ben Cawley (@BenLufcCawley) June 15, 2018center_img pic.twitter.com/Dqwd8eaP8P— ZL (@SupremeJansson) June 15, 2018 ✍️ | #LUFC are delighted to announce the appointment of Argentine Marcelo Bielsa in the role of head coach— Leeds United (@LUFC) June 15, 2018Bielsa replaces Paul Heckingbottom, who was sacked at the end of the 2017/18 season after three months in charge at Elland Road.The new man’s references are among the best in the business, labelled by both Pep Guardiola and Mauricio Pochettino as the ‘best coach in the world‘ in the past.Leeds fans appear justified in their excitement, even though Bielsa lasted only four months in his last role at Lille, and quit Lazio after just two days at the Italian club in July 2016.Here is the best of their reaction to the news: Outstanding! #lufc pic.twitter.com/UTa3ISazEz— Kieron Hall (@KieronHall90) June 15, 2018 pic.twitter.com/F7hOCloAJ6— George (@GeorgeWLUFC) June 15, 2018 EEEE IIII EEEE IIII EEEEIIIOOOO UP THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WE GO— Will (@will_robinson5) June 15, 2018last_img read more

Man City vs Lyon confirmed teams: Aguero named on the bench

first_img targets 3 BIG PRESENTS UP TOP Team news:Sergio Aguero does not make the starting XI despite being deemed fit enough to play following his slight knock picked up against Fulham.Elsewhere, John Stones comes in for Nicolas Otamendi.Manchester City: Ederson, Walker, Stones, Laporte, Delph, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Silva (C), Bernardo, Sterling, JesusSubs: Muric, Kompany, Aguero, Sané, Mahrez, Otamendi, FodenLyon: Lopes, Da Silva, Marcelo, Denayer, Mendy, Cornet, Ndombele, Cheikh, Aouar, Fekir, DepaySubs: Gorgelin, Dembele, Traore, Ferri, Dubois, Morel, Tousart 3 Pep Guardiola gives Man City injury update and talks Christmas schedule whoops PEP TALK What the managers are saying:Pep Guardiola: “[Last year] we didn’t make an exceptional year in the Champions League.“We did it in the group stage. But that is not the issue, that is not the problem.“In the end the sentence is on the pitch. We can talk. We deserve credit, we deserve credit, we are favourites, we are favourites.“In the end we got to the quarter finals [last season] and we didn’t go through – but we deserved it. We will try to do better this season.” silverware Premier League Team of the Season so far, including Liverpool and Leicester stars REVEALED How the Premier League table could change after the Boxing Day fixtures Where Ancelotti ranks with every Premier League boss for trophies won Guardiola has challenged his players to succeed in the Champions League this season Manchester City get their 2018/19 Champions League campaign underway when they face Lyon at the Etihad Stadium.The Group F clash, which also contains Bundesliga side Hoffenheim and Ukrainian giant Shakhtar Donetsk, begins at 8pm. England’s most successful clubs of the past decade, according to trophies won center_img Getty Did Mahrez just accidentally reveal Fernandinho is leaving Man City this summer? Where every Premier League club needs to strengthen in January Latest Manchester City News City enjoyed a 3-0 win over Fulham on Saturday Aguero left the field after 53 minutes against Fulham possible standings smart causal Every current Premier League club’s best kit from the past decade REVEALED This should prove a passable test for the English champions, who were eliminated by Liverpool at the quarter-final stage last season. shining Which teams do the best on Boxing Day in the Premier League era? 3 What every Premier League club’s fans dream of this Christmas last_img read more

COUNCIL CONFIRMS IT HAS RESPONDED TO 25 EMERGENCY CALL-OUTS DURING STORM

first_imgEmergency response crews from Donegal County Council have responded to 25 call outs in the last few hours due to the current storm.The road to the Gartan OUtdoor Centre was blocked by this fallen tree.And the council says it is continuing to respond to calls and reports of fallen trees throughout the county.“We are asking all motorists and road users to take extra care today and high sided vehicles should continue to avoid crossing Mulroy Bridge this morning. “It is forecasted that high speed winds will reduce as the day goes on with more settled conditions expected this evening,” said a spokesman.For all updates on road conditions this Winter follow Donegal County Council on Twitter @donegalcouncil or @roadsDCC or on our Facebook page.Any reports of fallen trees blocking roads should be reported to Donegal County Council on 074 91 53900.COUNCIL CONFIRMS IT HAS RESPONDED TO 25 EMERGENCY CALL-OUTS DURING STORM was last modified: December 5th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Donegal County Councilemergency callsstormlast_img read more

Police seek clues in drive-by shooting

first_imgPICO RIVERA — A man was shot Sunday in the 8600 block of Dunlap Crossing by two men driving by in a dark sport utility vehicle, authorities said. Lt. Christopher Reed of the Los Angeles County sheriff’s Pico Rivera station said the man was shot in “non-vital” areas about 12:30 a.m. and was transported to Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center, where he was in stable condition. Anyone with information on the shooting is asked to call the Pico Rivera station at (562) 949-2421. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img read more